Google Custom Search

Friday, June 29, 2007

Men and Women


ON MEN

A man is like a phonograph with half a dozen records. You soon get tired of them all; and yet you have to sit at the table whilst he reels them off to every new visitor. - George Bernard Shaw


I like men to behave like men - strong and childish. - Francoise Sagan


A man in love is incomplete until he has married. Then he’s finished. - Zsa Zsa Gabor


The fastest way to a man’s heart is through his chest. - Roseanne Barr


Men are creatures with two legs and eight hands. - Jayne Mansfield


Nancy Astor: “If I were married to you, I’d put poison in your coffee.”


Sir Winston Churchill: “Nancy, if you were my wife, I’d drink it.”


The trouble with Ian is that he gets off with women because he can’t get on with them. - Rosamond Lehmann


Men fantasise about being in bed with two women. Women fantasise about it too because at least they’ll have someone to talk to when he falls asleep. - Anon


Women have many faults, men have only two: everything they say, and everything they do. - Anon


Husbands never become good; they merely become proficient. - H. L. Mencken


The majority of husbands remind me of an orang-utan trying to play the violin. - Honore de Balzac


A husband is what’s left of the lover once the nerve has been extracted. - Helen Rowland


The more I see of men, the more I like dogs. - Germaine de Stael


Bigamy is having one husband too many. Monogamy is the same. - Anon


Give a man a free hand and he’ll run it all over you. - Mae West


ON WOMEN


Women are like elephants to me — I like to look at ‘em, but I would not want to own one. - W. C. Fields


A woman will flirt with anybody in the world as long as other people are looking on. - Oscar Wilde


There’s nothing so similar to one poodle dog as another poodle dog, and that goes for women too. - Pablo Picasso


I hate women because they always know where things are. - James Thurber


Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily this is not difficult. - Charlotte Whitton


My wife and I tried two or three times in the last 40 years to have breakfast together, but it was so disagreeable we had to stop. - Sir Winston Churchill


She got her good looks from her father. He’s a plastic surgeon. - Groucho Marx


Most women are not so young as they are painted. - Max Beerbohm


A woman will always sacrifice herself if you give her the opportunity. It’s her favourite form of self-indulgence. - W. Somerset Maugham


Women have a wonderful sense of right and wrong, but little sense of right and left. - Don Herold


On one issue, at least, men and women agree: they both distrust women. - H. L. Mencken


Never feel remorse for what you have thought about your wife. She has thought much worse things about you. - Jean Rostand


Nature intended women to be our slaves ... they are our property; we are not theirs. They belong to us, just as a tree that bears fruit belongs to a gardener. What a mad idea to demand equality for women! Women are nothing but machines for producing children. - Napoleon Bonaparte

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Magnificent beat ! I would like to apprentice even as you amend your
web site, how could i subscribe for a weblog
website? The account aided me a appropriate deal.
I had been tiny bit familiar of this your broadcast provided vibrant clear concept

Also visit my page ... tata sky dth full channel list