Google Custom Search

Friday, August 7, 2009

Finally got PhD.......


Sorry I could not post anything from a long time as I was busy in finishing my PhD. Finally I am a Dr.!!!!!
It was a great experience......I learnt a lot of things not only technically but also could understand life in much better sense. I must say, PhD teaches you a lot. It is not merely a degree, it is an institution in itself. .......hard work, time management, patience, hope, failures, success, dream, love.......everything happened in the last five years. Then the question comes, what next ? I wanted to break the convention by not going for postdoc (as everybody goes for postdoc after PhD). I explored my options in Academic research in India, research in Industry, Academic teaching, Intellectual Property rights........and finally came to the conclusion that postdoc experience is must.....though before joining for PhD, I was used to think that PhD is good enough......I was wrong.
After working on cancer research for five years, I decided to sharpen my skills further and have started my postdoctoral research in the USA........
I will write more about my personal expericne on PhD, US visa, postdoc positions, mentors, Biotech career etc in detail later....till then bye and have a nice weekend !!

No comments: